Cork Yoga Mat with Cotton Strap
Cork Yoga Mat with Cotton Strap
The YogaHaus cork mat has been designed longer, wider and thicker, with you in mind + the Cotton Neutral strap (183 x 3.8cm).
MADE for all and every-body!
- Dimensions: 183cm x 66cm. Weight: 2.9kg
- 4.5mm Thick: 1mm premium-grade sustainable cork & 3.5mm non-slip, flexible natural rubber base
- Non slip, the more you sweat the grippier it gets
- Cork does not absorb liquids it naturally wicks away
- Minimal cleaning with monthly wipe down, if needed, with a damp cloth
- Degradable, eco-friendly and recyclable
- Fully recyclable packaging
Designed with the detail of alignment lines to provide guidance in placement of hands and feet.
The arrows giving you direction during those strong warrior poses.
The central meridian line, keeping your focus.
A circle of unity to centre you in your practice, with a soft feather to remind you to ease into your poses, connect with your body softly and most importantly BE where you are right now , in the present moment!
- Sustainable yoga mat that is comfortable, protects your joints as they are larger and thicker than average
- High-density cushioned base provides a sturdy, grounded feeling
- Perfect for all climates from hot to cold yoga, indoors or outdoors
- Non-slip from the get go from dry to heavy perspiration, gets grippier the more you sweat
- Ready to go right out of the box, no break in period.
- Strong durable construction lays flat, no corner rolling or sliding
- Floor-facing textured grip pattern holds the mat, even on a polished wood floor
- Anti-microbial, cork naturally kills bacteria, germs and odours.
- Perfect for home or studio use with your carry strap
Using the products
Using the products
Designed for all bodies and all types of use to support and guide your body through movement.
- Cork Yoga Mat
Roll your mat out with the rubber side down. The rubber has small ridges in the bottom layer to make the mat grip to the floor effectively and get going!
The alignment and placement lines on the mat give you the guidance you require preventing loosing focus during your practice, knowing your body is in alignment with the central line and hands and feet either side are all symmetrical, allwoing your weight to evenly distribute, the centre of the mat being a circle symbolising the unity.
Props to bridge the gap of the spaces in between.
- Cork Octagon Brick
The Octagon bricks featuring FOUR different heights for maximum versatility!
Its angled design allows you to use it flat or diagonally. This design opens up amazing new possibilities - like using against a wall or giving you stability and height when the floor seems so far away!
Place one under each knee to support your crossed legged sitting position is also a great use of these.
- Cork Yoga Block
Sitting Blocks enhance your practice by supporting, stabilising and aligning the body. Sit on one or two to raise your hips for a straighter spine.
- Strap and Belt - 2 in 1
Make light work of carrying your Cork Yoga Mat with the choice of two Natural or Grey 100% Cotton Carrying Straps.
With adjustable loops to slide on and off your mat, they're easy to use and put over your shoulder.
Once you're done, you can use the straps as a yoga belt to extend your reach and deepen your stretches. A Perfect aid to advancing poses like cow face pose and forward bend.
- Always use your cork yoga mat and blocks with clean feet and hands. Do not wear shoes.
- Cork by its own nature is self cleaning. Cork is naturally antimicrobial, it contains compounds called Phenolics which kills bacteria and fungus. This keeps your mat clean and free from smelly perspiration and body sweat odours.
- Cork naturally repels odours and emits a very subtle woody fragrance. It doesn't absorb anything, cork wicks away rather than absorbing so air drying is perfect. This makes cork a great choice for all types of yoga including hot!
- As an all-natural product, it's normal for cork to change colour over time. Do not be concerned if your product changes in colour with use.
- The cork yoga products are made from tiny bits of compressed cork pieces bonded to a natural rubber base.
- Before first use you may want to wipe your yoga mat or yoga block with a damp towel to remove any floating colour or particles.
- Recommendation to clean the cork surface monthly (or after a very heavy session) with a soft damp cloth and a mixture of mildly warm water and a squeeze of lemon to remove the build up of your body’s oils, which can decrease grip over time. No harsh chemicals to be used.
- Hand wash only. Be Careful not to damage your mat by scrubbing it hard with an abrasive sponge. Ensure product dries thoroughly before use.
- Avoid lotions and oils on your skin before practicing.
- Cork is hard-wearing and non-sticky surface containing Suberin (a waxy grubby substance) that becomes grippier the wetter it gets, so the sweatier the better! Sweat and moisture activate the grip on cork.
- However, if you don’t sweat much, spray water on your mat where your hands and feet go before practice for added traction. Do not oversaturate.
- In downward dog (common pose to slide/slip in) - remember to ground down through your palms and pads of finger tips, adjust your shoulders to take some of the weight out of your hands and move from your core with strength, stability and intention.
Cork Yoga Product Storage
- Avoid folding or creasing your yoga mat. Roll it with the cork side facing outwards, so that cork is on the outside and the rubber surface is on the inside of the mat.
- Store your cork yoga mats and cork yoga bricks in a cool and dry place when not in use.