Strap and Belt - 2 in 1
Make light work of carrying your Cork Yoga Mat with this beautiful natural-coloured 100% cotton carrying strap.
With adjustable loops to slide on and off your mat, these straps are easy to use and put over your shoulder.
Once you're done, you can use your strap as a yoga belt to extend your reach and deepen your stretches. A perfect aid to advancing poses like cow face pose and forward bend.
- 183 cm x 3.8 cm
- 100% natural cotton
- D ring metal clasp giving you adjustable loops that makes it easy to fasten and loosen around your yoga mat
- 2 in 1 use as a carrying strap and stretching belt
How to Use
The options are endless with all of these products which I've taken great passion in creating with you in mind. When I started practicing and first got onto a mat, these were the essentials that were needed and still are after now becoming a yoga teacher and years of practice. Designed for all levels and all types of use for stretching out your body.
There is no right or wrong, it's all about supporting yourself and what feels good to you and your body!
Cork Yoga Mat
Roll your mat out with the rubber side down. The rubber has small ridges in the bottom layer to make the mat grip to the floor effectively and get going!
The alignment and placement lines on the mat give you the guidance you require when getting lost in the moment, knowing your body is in alignment with the central line and hands and feet either side are all symmetrical your weight evenly distributed, the only part left if to focus in to the centre of the circle bringing all encompassing unity.
Cork Octagon Brick
The Octagon bricks featuring FOUR different heights for maximum versatility!
Its angled design allows you to use it flat or diagonally. This design opens up amazing new possibilities - like using against a wall or giving you stability and height when the floor seems so far away!
Cork Yoga Block
Blocks enhance your practice by supporting, stabilising and aligning the body. Sit on one to raise your hips for a straighter spine or put four together for a classic shoulder stand support.
Strap and Belt - 2 in 1
Make light work of carrying your Cork Yoga Mat with this range of beautiful Natural or Grey 100% Cotton Carrying Straps.
With adjustable loops to slide on and off your mat, they're easy to use and put over your shoulder.
Once you're done, you can use the straps as a yoga belt to extend your reach and deepen your stretches. A Perfect aid to advancing poses like cow face pose and forward bend.
Care and Storage Of Cork Yoga Products
Cork Yoga Product Care
- Always use your cork yoga mat and blocks with clean feet and hands. Do not wear shoes.
- Cork by its own nature is self cleaning. Cork is naturally antimicrobial, it contains compounds called Phenolics which kills bacteria and fungus. This keeps your mat clean and free from smelly perspiration and body sweat odours.
- Cork naturally repels odours and emits a very subtle woody fragrance. It doesn't absorb anything, cork wicks away rather than absorbing so air drying is perfect. This makes cork a great choice for all types of yoga including hot!
- As an all-natural product, it's normal for cork to change colour over time. Do not be concerned if your product changes in colour with use.
- The cork yoga products are made from tiny bits of compressed cork pieces bonded to a rubber base. This makes the cork yoga mats easy to roll up, and super flexible even on uneven ground.
- Before first use you may want to wipe your yoga mat or yoga block with a damp towel to remove any floating colour.
- Recommendation to clean the cork surface monthly (or after a very heavy session) with a soft damp cloth and a mixture of mildly warm water and a squeeze of lemon to remove the build up of your body’s oils, which can decrease grip over time. No harsh chemicals to be used.
- Hand wash only. Be Careful not to damage your mat by scrubbing it hard with an abrasive sponge. Ensure product dries thoroughly before use.
- Avoid lotions and oils on your skin before practicing.
- Cork is hard-wearing and non-sticky surface containing Suberin (a waxy grubby substance) that becomes grippier the wetter it gets, so the sweatier the better! Sweat and moisture activate the grip on cork.
- However, if you don’t sweat much, spray water on your mat where your hands and feet go before practice for added traction. Do not oversaturate.
- In downward dog (common pose to slide/slip in) - remember to ground down through your palms and pads of finger tips, adjust your shoulders to take some of the weight out of your hands and move from core, strength, stability and intention.
Cork Yoga Product Storage
- Avoid folding or creasing your yoga mat. Roll it with the cork side facing outwards, so that cork is on the outside and the rubber surface is on the inside of the mat.
- Store your cork yoga mats and cork yoga bricks in a cool and dry place when not in use.